We link to sites purely on editorial merit. These will most often be free to access, but users may sometimes be asked to register or subscribe before viewing content.
We select links that are editorially relevant to the content they are linking from and are suitable for the likely audience.
We do not link to external sites in return for cash, services or any other consideration in kind. Excluded from this category are advertisements and announcements referring to other websites that may promote on the online platform INVOLVA.com
These links are included for a number of reasons, including:
- for further relevant information or other key source material
- for background information
- for useful practical information
- for entertainment or enjoyment
- for further informed comment
External links are selected and reviewed when the page is published. However, the INVOLVA.com is not responsible for the content of external websites.
The INVOLVA.com homepage does not accept submissions or requests. The homepage team selects links and evaluates websites on the basis of editorial relevance.
This is because:
- the INVOLVA.com does not produce them or maintain/update them
- the INVOLVA.com cannot change them
- they can be changed without the INVOLVA.com knowledge or agreement
Some of our external links may be to websites which also offer commercial services, such as online purchases.
Increasingly, INVOLVA.com is making more video and audio content available online (via a video or radio player).
Some of the content we link to on both INVOLVA.com sites and external ones is generated by members of the public (messageboards and photo-sharing sites for example). The views expressed are those of the public and unless specifically stated are not those of the INVOLVA.com. If you consider this content to be in breach of the house rules as indicated on the website, please alert the moderators or site owners on the sites where the material appears.
The INVOLVA.com online guidelines state:
- Any material on the INVOLVA.com homepage must be suitable for a general audience including children.
- The first click from the INVOLVA.com homepage should not normally lead straight to a page which includes material which is unsuitable for a general audience.
Where appropriate, users are informed of the nature of the material they might expect to see or hear by clear labelling on destination pages and on the video or radio players.